Council of Elders
Leadership in LIC is vested in the Council of Elders (COE). The Council is made up of the Pastor(s), 12 full members of the church (elected at an Annual General Meeting to serve for a period of two years) and the Church Administrator (who serves as a secretary to the Council). The COE is responsible for the day-to-day functioning and organization of the church. Per the LIC Constitution, the COE’s functions include:
- Providing spiritual leadership, counsel and encouragement to the members of the church.
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all Ministries established to promote the work of the church.
- Exercising the power to accept applicants for membership of LIC, exercise disciplinary control over members including that of suspension or dismissal from membership.
- Accepting offertory, donations and bequests and expend such funds for all the purposes of the church.
- Investing and directing the sale, transfer or disposition of church property and expend such proceeds for the purpose of the church.
- Borrowing money in the name of the Trustees upon security of any Church property.
- Appointing full members to assist in managing the affairs of the church; delegate to any person so appointed any powers, authorities and directions vested in the COE; at any time removing and revoking any such delegation to such persons.
- Receiving, examining and approving budgets for the work of the Church.
- Keeping up-to-date records of the income and expenditure and submit an audited account at the AGM for discussion and adoption.
Click here for the list of current members of COE.
Board of Trustees
The Trustees are appointed by election at the church’s AGM (for a period of five years and is renewable for three years), following nominations by the COE. The COE vests the properties of LIC with the Trustees, who have the power to advise COE on the use of the property and to take appropriate action.
Click here for the list of current members of the Board.
Joint Sectional Meeting (JSM)
This gathering comprises the Council of Elders, leaders of Ministries and Area Fellowships and other established bodies in LIC. The meeting is convened every quarter to review the activities of all the units in the church.